Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Final stop Oihi Bay

Well I am counting down the days now. It is not long before I come back to St Paul’s. It has been great bumping in to some of you around the place this week.
Bex and I had a great lunch with Paul and Thaya on Monday. It’s so good to have them with us. They are going to be fantastic (Although lets be honest Paul’s “Sun in” hair has a touch of Orangutan about it! Sorry Paul!).
We are on holiday next week. We are staying very near Oihi Bay. I have been reading a lot of Kiwi history over the last weeks and obviously for the church this is a significant place as it is where Samuel Marsden preached the first sermon in New Zealand on Christmas Day 1814. There is a great account of this momentous event in one of the books that I have just read called “Bible and Treaty” by Keith Newman that was published last year. It’s a great read and tells the story of the first missionaries contact with the Maori.
For now, I am going to feed my youngest son, who along with a bit of Weetbix and banana, likes to eat his Ricies (about 30) one at a time. I am not joking. Every breakfast time is a great lesson in patience!
Then Bex and I have put today aside to discuss this year at St Paul's and pray for the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment