Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Future of St Pauls: State of the Nation Address 30th May

At the beginning of March I returned from my study leave. You will recall at the AGM in my Vicar’s Report I spent some time reflecting on where St Paul’s had got to in its recent journey since Bex and my arrival in 2004. You will recall that I have felt (along with some of you) that as the church has grown in the last couple of years we had lost some of our “mojo”! I explained that this was normal for an organisation at our life stage and announced that we needed to do four things.

First, we need to refocus and sharpen our vision. Second, we need to address the internal organisational issues that often hamper organisations at our life stage. Third, we need to reality check our strategic desires against our resources as I felt we were trying to do too much with our available resources. Fourth, I mentioned that we need to narrow our focus on to the immediate priorities. As I closed I asked you to pray, be patient and keep going for it!  I also stated that I hoped that I would be able to report back on the process by the end of May.

To assist with this process I subsequently announced that Evan Williams, one of our congregation members, had agreed to help.

I am delighted that we have now completed the review and I want to invite you to come to the “The Future of St Paul’s : State of the Nation Address” on Monday 30th May at 7.00pm for refreshments (meeting starting at 7.30pm) in the Crypt. This is going to be a key and exciting evening for members of the church where I will set out our vision and priorities for the immediate future and explain what we have done internally to hopefully improve the church. Could you please put this date in your diary now? It will be great to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment