Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Amazing "Theology Matters"

As this series ends on the book of Genesis a big well done to Newt. Everyone has loved what you have done. Here are just a few of the rave reviews I have received:

“Thanks for part 1 of Genesis tonight. Matt and I really enjoyed it, lots of food for thought and things to think and talk about. It was so great to get so much historical context around Genesis and the ancient world. It definitely changes how you read the bible and even in just tonight I've seen much more in that chapter than I have before. Looking forward to the next 4 installments! Thanks for all the prep and hard work you've so obviously put into it.”

"I’m more than happy to rave about the theology course. I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Matthew has both a breadth and depth of knowledge that is so impressive! I’ve learned the answers to questions that I’ve wondered about for years. This, along with the desserts and coffees, and the company of likeminded people, combines to ensure this is one of the highlights of my week! Thanks Matthew and St Paul’s!"

"After a few theology sessions with Newt I'd now go out of my way to make sure I'm in the same room to hear whatever he has to say. It's inspiring to listen to someone who has obviously studied the Bible a great deal and eloquently suggests meaning upon meaning whilst remaining completely approachable. He challenges us to examine the text for what it is trying to say, rather than what we'd like it to say, putting into historic context. In the process he opens our eyes to the possibility that somewhere, beyond the horizon of our understanding, God is bringing his creation into perfect order, and prompts us to consider our role in His great story."

“So loving the course.... I go home with little gems every time.  Someone asked me a couple of weeks ago to tell them 3 things I had learnt ... I could have talked for hours...”

“The theology session last night was fantastic, thank you!”

“I’m thoroughly enjoying the theology course.  I’ve learned the answers to questions that I’ve wondered about for years. This is one of the highlights of my week!”

“The theology course has challenged me to examine the text for what it is trying to say, rather than what we'd like it to say. In the process it has opened my eyes to the fact that beyond the horizon of our understanding, God is bringing his creation into perfect order."

“The theology course has made the Bible come alive to a non-intellectual like myself...when you understand the history, the Greek, Hebrew language and lifestyles...it starts to make sense”

Make sure you book on to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment