Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Farewell Sir Paul

What an amazing time of worship at our services on Sunday morning! The presence of the God was so evident it was wonderful.

I have been saddened by the death of Sir Paul Reeves. I have just got back from his funeral at the Cathedral  which was a very wonderful occasion as was his tangi yesterday up at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Paul was very kind to me when I first arrived in Auckland in 2004.  We had coffee a couple of times and he offered much needed support and wisdom at that time. He also took me on to the marae opposite the church as well as helping with our Easter services one year.

I don’t know about you but I am absolutely delighted that Chase Goodwin our new youth worker has started. Chase and Shinai (his wife) are great people and are going to considerably deepen our youth ministry here at St Paul’s. They are gifted, godly, fun and fresh! Watch this space.

Also don’t forget the Faith box session tonight with Ian and Mary Grant.  It is so brilliant having those guys inputting all of their experience and wisdom in to our families.

I am looking forward to seeing you this coming Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment